“The highest reward for a person’s work is not what they get for it, but what they become because of it ” – John Ruskin
Nomination Forms are now available. Please return to Randy Krouse by December 16, 2016.
There are four Board Member positions that will be opening up in 2017. These positions will be voted upon by the membership at the Business Meeting held during the 2017 WAA Annual Conference and Trade Show. Anyone interested in learning more about serving on a committee or as a member of our Board of Directors is encouraged to contact any member of the Board of Directors or the Committee Chair from our Contact Us page.
- Vice President – 4 year Presidential track
- Secretary – 2 year term
- Membership Rep – 2 year term – Membership Chair
- Membership Rep – 2 year term – Legislative Chair
WAA members are encouraged to suggest deserving award winners within the following categories:
1. Honorary Life Membership – This is the WAA’s most prestigious award. It is the highest form of appreciation the WAA can show to one of its members. Ed Bodus was granted Honorary Life Membership at the 2016 WAA Annual Conference.
2. Distinguished Service Award – This award is presented to an individual who has made extraordinary contributions of their time and talent to the WAA. This award was presented to Bill Miller at the 2016 WAA Annual Conference.
3. ISA Gold Leaf Award – This award recognizes deserving Arbor Day or landscape beautification projects. Two people were presented with the ISA Gold Leaf Award at the 2016 WAA Annual Conference: Jeff Olson for an Outstanding Arbor Day Award and James Chesebro for Outstanding Beautification Activities.
4. ISA Awards of Distinction – This award honors recipients for their contributions to the advancement of the arboriculture industry.
5. ISA True Professionals of Arboriculture – This award recognizes members and certified professionals who are role models to their peers and positively represent the profession to the public.
6. Monster Pole Saw – this traveling trophy gets passed to a prominent member of the association each year. The recipient uses the saw to prune a branch and then carves his/her name onto the pole. Cathy Brodbeck was presented the Monster Pole Saw at the 2016 WAA Annual Conference.
7. WAA Mug Awards – These awards will be presented up to 3 times annually to recognize the outstanding efforts of WAA committee members and volunteers. If you know someone who is deserving of a Mug Award, please contact Randy Krouse at firstname.lastname@example.org with the nomination. Please give a brief description of why you think the nominee is deserving of this award.