There are many ways to get involved and support the WAA. The list below does not encompass all of the possible volunteer opportunities that the WAA has to offer, but it is a great start to see where you may be interested in helping.
To volunteer, please Go to the form below to let us know your interest and we will contact you soon.
Thanks for your interest!
- Exhibitor recruitment and organization.
- Various roles before, during, and after conferences including registration and moderating the sessions.
- Assist with program brochure development.
- Assist with program content (deciding on topics and finding speakers).
Tree Climbing Competition:
- Event Judges and Timers.
- Registration and Gear Check-in.
- Sponsorship Recruitment.
- Newsletter – contribute to The Wisconsin Arborist by helping to edit, suggest topics, write and procure articles.
- Photography – gather and take photos at the various events to add to newsletter and website.
- Day of Service – volunteer your talents or equipment for a work day.
- Promote the WAA at public events (garden shows, climbing demonstrations, other industry conferences).
- Media connection – work with local media to promote WAA.
Midwest Arborist Recruiting Committee (MARC):
- Assist in recruiting new individuals into the industry.
- Assist in strengthening the value of a WAA membership.
- Study group – help facilitate study group classes.
- Become an ISA exam proctor.