May 1, 2021 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Did you know that working in proximity to electrical lines and hardware requires specialized training and skills according to OSHA? Due to the hazards posed by energized or potentially energized electrical hardware, understanding safe operation of an electrical system and its components, and being able to identify the systems maximum nominal voltage, and safe work procedures when working in proximity are key skills required by any tradesperson working closer then 10ft to energized conductors of 50 kV or less.
Arborists, forestry professionals, construction trades, heavy equipment operators, and environmental consultants are just a few of the trades who commonly require EHAT training.
NATS is the largest training provider of Electrical Hazard Awareness Training in the Arboriculture, Forestry, Construction, and Heavy Equipment trades and our EHAT course has been recognized by all types of electric utilities, as well as federal agencies such as OSHA the USDA, USFS, and US Army Core of Engineers.
Following is a list of topics covered during the course:
- Site Risk Assessment, Electrical Hazard Recognition, PPE, Job Briefing, & Emergency Action Planning
- Electrical Theory, Electrical Hardware, System Constructions, & Equipotential Grounding
- OSHA/ANSI/NFPA Standards: Regulations & Safe Guards
- Electrical Accidents, Electrical Hazard Abatement, & Emergency Response
- EHAT Competency Assessment
Course materials include all applicable requirements for electrical safety for arborists:
- OSHA General Duty Clause 5(a)(1)(2)(b)
- OSHA 1910.331-335 Electrical Safety for General Industry (Part of OSHA Subpart “S” Electrical)
- OSHA 1910.269 Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution
- ANSI Z133.1- 2017 American National Standards for Arboricultural Operations – Safety Requirements
Cost: $149 per registrant E-Learning Module:
This is a self-paced online training which means you can take the course when your schedule allows. Once purchased, you will have 30 days to complete the course.
PAYMENT AND RETURN POLICY