February 19 @ 1:00 pm – February 21 @ 4:00 pm
Back on Track in Titletown!
February 19-21, 2023
Hyatt & KI Convention Center • Green Bay, WI
We are excited to be ‘back on track’ and in-person again in Green Bay for the WAA & WIDNR Annual Winter Conference! We have another invaluable line-up this year you won’t want to miss!
Hotel Information – Blocks are FULL!
Reservations can now be made for the annual conference. We have blocks in three hotels this year!
Hyatt (host hotel)= Attached to KI Convention Center at 333 Main St. $119/night for a double, $139/night for a triple, $159/night for a quad occupancy, 402-592-6464 or 888-421-1442 or online https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/GRBRG/G-WABA Please make reservations before January 28, 2023. HOTEL BLOCK IS FULL!
What to expect at the Hyatt for our 2023 Conference: KNOW BEFORE YOU GO!
Hampton Inn = Attached to KI Convention Center at 201 Main St., $132/night for a double queen or a king, 920-437-5900. Indicate you are with the WI Arborist Block. Please make hotel reservations before January 20, 2023. HOTEL BLOCK IS FULL!
Hotel Northland – 1 block from KI Convention Center at 302 N. Adams St., $139/night for a standard king, $169/night for a double queen, 920-393-7499. Indicate you are part of the WI Arborist Association Room Block or use this link: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1670363407155&key=GRP&app=resvlink. Please make hotel reservations before January 23, 2022.
Quality Inn = 0.6 mi. from KI Convention Center at 321 S. Washington St., 920-437-8771
St. Brendan’s Inn = 0.6 mi. from KI Conv Center at 234 S. Washington St., 920-884-8484
Hawthorn Suites = 2.7 mi. from KI Conv Center at 335 W. Joseph St., 920-435-2222
More can be found at:
Download the Conference Brochure for the full agenda.
- Registration available online until February 14th. REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. WALK-UPS WILL BE WELCOME AT DELAYED PRICING – Full Conference: WAA Member $315/ Non-Member $335
- Early Bird Discount available until January 27th. Prices will go up on January 28th.
- Registration Fees:
- Early Bird Registration: WAA Member $275, Non-Member $290, Full-Time Students $65
- Sunday Only: WAA Member $135, Non-Member $150
- Monday Only: WAA Member $145, Non-Member $160
- Tuesday Only: WAA Member $135, Non-Member $150
- Delayed Registration Fee (after January 27th): add $40 per person (except students)
- The Schedule & Location of Events Addendum is now available so you can plan out your conference agenda and see how many CEUs/CTSPs are being offered per session.
Brief Overview of the Speaker Line-up (just to name a few) – SEE BROCHURE FOR COMPLETE AGENDA
Stephanie Adams (The Morton Arboretum) – Decline of Oak Trees
John Ball (South Dakota State University) – Safety by the Numbers / Climber Performance / A Tree is Not Just a Tree
Asia Dowtin (Michigan State University) – Physical Traits of Urban Trees and Stormwater Mitigation: Let’s Explore the Linkages / Building Effective Arboriculture and Urban Forestry Workforce Development Programs: Lessons Learned from Two Pilot Initiatives in Michigan
Dennis Fallon (Utility Arborist Association) – Non-Transactional Relationship/Network Building & the Benefits to Vegetation Managers
Jim Flott (Community Forestry Consultants) – Wisconsin Trees and the Law (Sunday Workshop) and Transplanting Large Trees Bareroot
Rich Hauer (UW-Stevens Point), Randall Miller (CNUC), Butch Whitney (Whitney Tree Service) – Advance Your Urban Forest by Improving Work Specifications and Contracts (Sunday Workshop)
Andrew Hirons (University Centre Myerscough, UK) – Tree Water Use & Sap Flow / Climate Change & Drought: Approaches to Tree Selection
Lisa Humenik (United Way of Wisconsin) – Onboarding New Employees for Mutual Success / Leading from the Middle
Laura Jull (UW-Madison) – Green with Envy: Utilizing Evergreens in Landscape Plantings / Are Non-Native Trees and Shrubs Environmentally Ethical to Use in the Landscape?
Geoff Kempter (Asplundh) – Applying TRAQ in the Real World: An Overview of ISA’s TRAQ Credential / How We Got Here: A History of Utility Vegetation Management from Telegraph to Today
Glen Stanosz (UW-Madison) – Close Encounters of the Herbicide Kind / Independent Factors and Their Interactions to Cause “Tree Decline Diseases”
Mike Wendt (Wendtscapes)- This Bud’s for You! Winter Tree ID Tips
Chris Williamson (PBI-Gordon Corporation) – Urban Forest Insect Forecast / Insecticides, Modes of Action, Use Strategies and Performance
More details are available on the brochure above. Hope to see you there!
Exhibitor Information – SOLD OUT!
- Click here for more information and to register to become an exhibitor. – SOLD OUT!
- Questions about becoming an exhibitor? Ask Todd Haefke for more information.
- Sponsorships are still available! Click here for more information.
- Still available: 2-Day Lunch/ Sunday Workshop/ Track Sponsors (most still available)
- Questions about sponsorships? Ask Todd Haefke for more information.
- Refunds will be made if requested on or before January 27, 2023 with a $25 processing fee.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations made after January 27th, although substitutions may be permitted. Refunds will only be considered in emergency situations at the Wisconsin Arborist Association’s discretion. Refunds will not be provided for registrants who do not attend the event.
- Notice of cancellation and/or substitutions must be made by contacting Tina Johnson through the Contact Us page on our website or by calling Tina Johnson at 262-899-0060. A cancellation acknowledgement will be sent within 3 working days and fees refunded within 10 working days, subject to this Return Policy. We do not issue refunds once the event has occurred.
Registration Questions? – contact WAA Chapter Executive Tina Johnson
PAYMENT AND RETURN POLICY