Website City of De Pere Forestry & Recreation
The City of De Pere is seeking a full-time Arborist to maintain and prune the City’s urban forest in parks and City owned property. The Arborist, under moderate supervision from the Park Superintendent/City Forester, will prune, plant, climb, remove and diagnose tree problems, as well as operate various equipment and vehicles, all with the purpose of maintaining a healthy urban forest.
As an employer, the City of De Pere is a positive, team-oriented organization with a commitment to providing exceptional customer service to its community. The City of De Pere provides an engaging work environment focused on collaboration and team building. De Pere strives to attract, develop, and retain critical talent by promoting a diversity of thought, valuing differing perspectives, and empowering employees to share their authentic viewpoints at all levels and functions within the City.
Whether you are joining our team for three years or twenty, you will have the opportunity to cultivate your career with us! Our employees are offered the opportunity to enhance their skill set by attending training courses, working on special projects, and becoming a member of one of our many City teams.
1. Associate Degree in Forestry, Arboriculture, or related field.
2. Minimum of two to three years related experience.
3. Arborist Certification by the International Society of Arboriculture within one year of employment.
4. Experience working in high places, and general laborer work.
5. Prior experience in the operation of light equipment.
6. Wisconsin Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License, with air brake restriction lifted, “N” (tank vehicle) endorsement and safe driving record.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
Starting Salary: $22.45 – $25.66 per hour, depending on qualifications, plus an excellent benefits package.
Typical Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., plus additional hours as needed.
How to Apply: Apply online at www.de-pere.org; Click on the Jobs icon and then the Position Title.
Application Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin the week of March 30, 2020.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a talented and diverse workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com