April 27, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. IT WILL BE RESCHEDULED.
ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) RENEWAL
Due to COVID-19, we are taking steps to ensure the health and safety of our members and our leadership team. We are monitoring all guidelines and updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Wisconsin Department of Health.
We are taking extra precautions to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- The March 18th Day of Service will be rescheduled for a later date.
- The April 2nd BOD meeting will be switched to an online Zoom Meeting.
- The April 27th ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) RENEWAL will be rescheduled for a later date. The ISA will be working directly with the WAA to ensure no one is penalized if their credential expires due to this cancellation. Please be patient as we work thru the rescheduling or refund process. We will keep you updated via email.
- The April 28th to April 30th ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) will be rescheduled for a later date. Again,please be patient as we work thru the rescheduling or refund process. We will keep you updated via email.
We will continue to monitor local and federal government recommendations closely, as the current status continues to evolve. Future updates, if any, will be shared via email. We recognize this is an unprecedented and unique situation and appreciate your flexibility and support. Our website will be updated as soon as possible with all changes.
Thank you for supporting these efforts,
The WAA Governance Committee
April 27, 2020 THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. IT WILL BE RESCHEDULED.
Lakeside Park Pavilion, Fond du Lac, WI
Hotel Information: https://hotelguides.com/wisconsin/fond-du-lac-wi-hotels.html
Course Location: City of Fond du Lac
Lakeside Park Pavilion
71 Promen Dr.
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Facility Information: https://www.fdl.wi.gov/parks/parks/
See Course Flyer for additional information.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) program provides an opportunity for professionals in the arboriculture industry to expand their knowledge through education and training in the fundamentals of tree risk assessment. This qualification promotes the safety of people and property by providing a standardized and systematic process for assessing tree risk.
The results of a tree risk assessment can provide tree owners and risk managers with the information to make informed decisions to enhance tree benefits, health, and longevity.
The TRAQ Renewal Course consists of a 5 hour educational course followed by a 3 hour assessment that includes both a written and field component. It is required that you attend the course and successfully pass the assessment in order to renew this qualification.
Hosted by: The Wisconsin Arborist Association
Instructor: Mr. Don Roppolo
Don Roppolo is the Manager of Arboricultural Training for Davey Tree. He has been working in the tree care industry for twenty-five years. During his career he has worked in the following capacities: taught arboriculture skills at universities and technical colleges, municipal forestry,
arboricultural research, and for the past sixteen years has worked in commercial arboriculture. He holds a bachelor of science in Agriculture with an emphasis in urban forestry from Western
Illinois University, and a master of science in Natural Resources with and emphasis in urban forestry from the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point.
Current TRAQ holders can complete the course as early as three and one-half (3 1/2) years into their Qualification (18 months before your expiration date). Once your current expiration date passes, you will need to retake the full course and assessment to be reinstated. Once you have successfully passed the renewal requirements, you will be given five (5) years
from the date of your previous expiration allowing you to take full advantage of the five-year period granted with the credential.
Day 1: Educational Session & Exam (8:00am – 5:00pm)
Module 1: Introduction to Tree Risk Assessment
Module 2: Levels of Assessment
Module 3: Target Assessment
Module 4: Site Assessment
Break (15 min)
Module 5: Tree Biology and Mechanics
Module 6: Tree Inspection and Assessment
Module 7: Data Analysis and Risk Categorization
Lunch (1 hour)
Module 8: Mitigation
Module 9: Reporting
Performance-based exam (approx. 3hrs)
Included in your registration:
– course registration
– exam fee
– the TRAQ renewal manual (shipped via UPS to the address you provide (No PO Boxes)
– Risk Assessment Clipboard (shipped via UPS to the address you provide (No PO Boxes)
– coffee and breakfast items
– lunch, beverages and snacks for the day
Travel and lodging is on your own.
What is required to bring to the class:
– your government issued photo ID
– your TRAQ Manual (shipped via UPS to the address you provide)
– your hard hat and high visibility vest or shirt (required)
– #2 pencils and your clipboard for taking notes and completing worksheets
– rain gear, including a large ziplock bag (just in case!)
– come prepared to spend part of the day outdoors
– please dress for your comfort level indoors and outdoors;
we cannot always control the room temperature to suit everyone
Special Testing Accommodations Requests:
If you have an accommodation request, please complete the Special Accommodations
Request Form and submit it with your application. You may find the form online at
the end of the TRAQ application guide. The process may take up to several months and may not
allow enough time to attend this particular class.
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. IT WILL BE RESCHEDULED.