As the ever increasing world of electronic or social media evolves, it has been decided that the Wisconsin Arborist Association (WAA) can utilize this as an important tool in promoting the association. The rules and regulations listed below will set the boundaries around the WAA’s involvement with electronic media.
Because there are numerous electronic media outlets, the WAA will only be endorsing activity on the popular internet website; Facebook, through the use of a Fan Page. The WAA Facebook Fan page will be devoted to distributing information to the WAA’s membership and provide an avenue for arborists to connect socially with one another.
- All content must follow the WAA Code of Ethics (a copy is attached).
- Topics/Posts must be related to the arboriculture field.
- No self-promotion or promotion of one specific business will be allowed.
- Offensive or derogatory remarks will not be tolerated.
Rules for Posting
- The WAA Facebook Fan page will be established to allow anyone to post topics/pictures.
- In an effort to not overload the Fans of the page, there will be a maximum of 2 posts per day.
- To keep the page updated, the WAA must post at least one item/topic per week.
The WAA Facebook page will be administered by the Publicity Committee, with the Publicity Committee Chairperson having the ultimate authority on what topics are relevant and acceptable. It is also the responsibility to of the Publicity Committee Chair to maintain a fresh and viable page that keeps the interest of the members. If there is negative criticism given towards the WAA or any of its members, the issue will be responded to as quickly as possible. In the event of negative criticism, the goal of the administrator will be to turn the negative feelings into a positive contact. If needed, the Publicity Committee Chairperson shall seek the advice of the WAA President and/or the WAA Board of Directors.