Policy Purpose: The e-blast program is a useful resource for improving communications between the WAA and its members. The WAA works very hard to gather and maintain current e-mail addresses for our members. We do not share email addresses of our members to anyone outside of the WAA and our parent company, the International Society of Arboriculture. Further, we try to be very judicious in emailing our members, so that they do not consider the WAA as a “spammer” and block emails from coming from the WAA. Overuse of these e-mails can discourage members from receiving or reading messages from the association. We ask you to please be mindful of these considerations as you submit your e-blast requests and e-blasts will be scheduled so as to not overwhelm or overburden members.
- The content must be related to the WAA’s mission and strategic plan. Mass emails are used for informational purposes only and not for commercial or marketing purposes. No advertisements or personal messages will be accepted or sent to members.
- E-blast information may not include immoral, unethical, illegal, defamatory or other inappropriate or offensive content.
- No more than one email per week will be sent except under special circumstances.
- Repeat messages will not be sent to the membership, unless the WAA has specifically requested such an action.
- Suggested image file size is 200KB or less and a maximum 640 pixel width.
- A clear subject line for the e-mail must be included in the request.
- The degree of urgency with which the e-mail blast must be sent.
Urgent: for immediate distribution or Non-Urgent: for distribution during the next scheduled e-blast
- Requests MUST include a contact person and contact information in the body of the message.
- Submitted requests may be reformatted to fit WAA’s email marketing service templates.
- The WAA reserves the right to refuse dissemination of any message requested for any reason without explanation.
- All emailed submissions are subject to approval and may be edited.
- The WAA is not liable for any misprints, typos or incorrect information submitted.
- Requests should be sent to Tina Johnson in completed form.