Scheduling TRAQ workshops
- Distribute workshops geographically throughout the State as much as possible to ensure access for all members while maintaining full registration levels.
- Schedule a minimum of 2-3 workshops/year.
- Maintain a 20 person limit/Instructor.
- Starting in 2019 – Start to offer and bundle initial certification (3 day) and re-certification (1 day) workshops together.
- Contact and schedule a qualified TRAQ instructor for each workshop.
- Reference updated TRAQ Qualified Instructor contact list in Appendix A.
- Obtain full cost quotes from instructor(s) including: instructor fee, travel, meals, & lodging.
- Secure workshop date commitments from instructor.
- Work with Administrative Consultant to reserve travel and lodging for the instructor.
- Secure an appropriate facility to rent for each workshop.
- Reference classroom and outdoor site specifications in Appendix B, Page 1 & 3.
- Visit facilities if needed.
- Obtain quotes for facility rentals
- Obtain and sign facility rental agreements/contracts
- Contact WAA Treasurer to pay facility rent.
- Work with the Administrative Consultant to request and secure a service agreement from the ISA for each workshop.
- Provide information as outlined in the Event Information Form in Appendix C.
- Secure ISA service agreement a minimum of 3 months before workshop dates.
Publicizing TRAQ workshops
- Work with Administrative Consultant to set up registration on WAA website.
- Follow up with Administrative Consultant to ensure workshop is advertised on the ISA website.
- Submit articles about up-coming workshops to Editorial Committee to publish in the newsletter(s).
- Work with Administrative Consultant to E-blast information about up-coming workshops to the WAA members.
- Advertise and/or announce up-coming workshops at WAA Conferences.
Providing Food and Beverages for TRAQ workshops
- Work with committee members to provide food and beverages for work shop attendees and instructor. Reference Food Services specifications in Appendix B, Pages 1-2.
- Set up lunch food catering with a local vendor.
- Arrange for delivery or pickup for each of the first two days of workshop.
- Lunch not required for 3rd day (½ day of testing).
- Shop and pay for break food and beverages if not part of the catering.
- Use reimbursement process or WAA credit card payment to pay for food and beverage.
Administration of TRAQ workshops
- Reference Administration of the Course specifications in Appendix B, Pages 3-4.
- Work with Administrative Consultant to collect payment from participants, create roster of participants, check-in participants at workshop, and create name tags for participants.
- Facilitate and/or designate a facilitator (committee member) to be available on-site each day of the workshop.
- Room set-up.
- Set-up audio visual equipment.
- Ensure food and beverages are in place at appropriate times.
- Assist instructor as needed.
- Introduce instructor to participants and announce facility logistics.
- Ensure facility is cleaned up and secured each day.
- Secure all testing materials mailed from the ISA and provide to the instructor the first day of the workshop.
- Develop and finalize budget for each workshop.
Appendix A – TRAQ Qualified Instructor List
Appendix B – ISA Statement of Services (Pages 1-5)
Appendix C – ISA Event Information Form